Monday, April 16, 2012

The Night I Say Goodbye to You



I watch you walk away.
Your scent still lingers on my skin
And I linger in the parking lot,
feeling frail and tired from
all the trembling in my insides.

A sliver of moon hangs
low and red in the night sky,
a sharpened sickle, mischevious,
and slick with blood.

I look down
and wouldn't be surprised
to see a stream
flowing out from my own chest.

It happened so fast.

I don't feel the pain yet.
But I know it is on it's way.

For now I just sit and stare,
Amazed at both the love we share
and the damage done.

"Is this the end?" I ask the moon.
The tears (and better judgment)
behind my eyes scream
"Of course it is, you idiot!"

But the hope beating,
bleeding,
in my chest whispers,
"Wait and see."

2 comments:

  1. The beauty of words like paint on a canvas! Quite a picture you've painted with those words Sweety.. not only can I hear the cry I can see it, and have felt it as well! I think you need a hug - love you! Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete